Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: One Month with possibility of extension
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide outpatient and / or inpatient medical care to patients / beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF and NCDC protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients / beneficiaries health conditions.
• Apply medical knowledge and skills in diagnosis and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment while respecting MSF protocols.
• Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient's evolution.
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure General compliance on IPC measures, standards and hygiene put in place
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
• Actively participates in improving the quality of curative and supportive care to Lassa patients in collaboration with the partner (the Ministry of Health: AE-FUTHA) based on MSF-NCDC protocols and respect of policy put in place.
• Participates actively in the training program according to the schedule established in the project; and training according to the needs presented, without omitting supervision and coaching.
• Participates in the elaboration of monthly medical reports by providing the necessary medical information and data analysis without excluding the facilitation of reliable data collection.
• Contributes to the respect of Lassa, COVID19 infection prevention and control (IPC) protocols, as well as the respect of standard hospital hygiene procedures.
• This job profile is not exhaustive, the candidate must be prepared to respond to any task related to the position of Physician or MSF employer, should the need arise.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
• Education Medical Doctor Degree, Degree in Tropical Medicine is essential
• Experience 2-year minimum experience as a Medical Doctor or Clinical work (Can be within Medical training)
• 1 year minimum experience in VHF context (Lassa fever or Ebola) is essential
• Desirable: 2 years' experience in tropical medicine, obs and gynae, pediatrics, infectious diseases, or post-registration experience in Public Health, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
• Languages English Language and Igbo language essential
• Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2020