Mandate and Objectives by CENTRE FOR CITIZENS WITH DISABILITIES (CCD
CCD’s mandate and objectives include:
* To protect, promote and safeguard the rights of persons with disabilities and promote public enlightenment in civic education, human rights and public policy;
* To initiate and implement programmes, policies and activities geared toward the promotion and enhancement of the welfare of persons with disabilities;
* To empower or assist in empowering persons with disabilities and regularly access the impact of public policy on human rights and report on same through publications seminars, workshops and lectures;
* To educate, sensitise, counsel and mobilize persons with disabilities in various areas critical to their survival and progress and support and advocate for respect for the rule of law and due process;
* To monitoring the formulation and implementation of policies that impact on or are of public interest as relevant to persons with disabilities and publish reports, newsletters, journals or policy papers on same;
* To organize seminars, symposia, conferences on cutting edges issues and trends in socio-political and economic development as they affect persons with disabilities.